Applications may be submitted for projects that address one or more of the following activities:
- Arranging and describing archival and manuscript collections
- Cataloging collections of printed works, photographs, recorded sound, moving images, art, and material culture
- Providing conservation treatment (including deacidification) for collections, leading to enhanced access
- Digitizing collections
- Preserving and improving access to born-digital sources
- Developing databases, virtual collections, or other electronic resources to codify information on a subject or to provide integrated access to selected humanities materials
- Creating encyclopedias
- Preparing linguistic tools, such as historical and etymological dictionaries, corpora, and reference grammars (separate funding is available for endangered language projects in partnership with the National Science Foundation)
- Developing tools for spatial analysis and representation of humanities data, such as atlases and geographic information systems (GIS) and
- Designing digital tools to facilitate use of humanities
The deadline is July 20, 2011.
Access additional information on the Humanities and Reference Collections grant here.
NEH also offers Preservation Assistance Grants to Smaller Organizations.
That deadline is May 3, 2011.