At $25, a chance to see the great lake, and a content-rich program, it’s a deal! Participation is invited from staff of all library types and geographic locations. Location: Superior, WI (near Duluth)
Shared on behalf of Adam Brisk, WITC:
Lake Superior Libraries Symposium – Sign up for June 1st Conference! Call for Posters Extended!
The 2012 Lake Superior Libraries Symposium would like to extend an invitation to our inaugural conference on June 1st, 2012 at Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College in Superior, WI. Join archivists, technologists, librarians, directors, technicians, and students from around Minnesota, Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula. Just consider all of the experiences, resources, and ideas that are being gathered for this unique conference! Attendees will:
SEE ELI NEIBERGER, 2011 Library Journal Mover and Shaker, offer a keynote address on the future of providing materials and services entitled “Access Schmaccess.”
- EXPERIENCE FOUR SESSIONS of informational presentations full of dynamic content featuring all aspects of librarianship. Sessions on digitization, leadership, assessment, children’s literature, collaboration, web-design, long term planning, and more.
- NETWORK THANKS TO ample time devoted to networking and sharing ideas This is an opportunity unlike any other to collaborate, develop relationships, and help create a stronger future for libraries. Imagine this:
- Minnesotans shaking hands with Wisconsinites!
- Librarians from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan speaking to you!
- Academic librarians and public librarians exchanging pleasantries!
- Archivists, Catalogers, and Reference Librarians conversing!
- SHARE WITH COLLEAGUES because our Call for Posters has been extended! Take a minute to sign up and share your research, organization, or future plans.
- EAT DELUXE TACO BAR, an amazing amalgamation of beans, tortillas, tacos, spices, lettuce, proteins, and joy!
- BE FRUGAL AND economical! all of this (and more) for the low, low price of 25 Dollars! A full conference experience for a webinar price! Penny Pinchers Rejoice!
So, what are you waiting for? Register by phone by calling 715-468-2815, or online at via the WITC Classfinder. Registration, due to fiduciary and organizational structure, requires personal information; all information is secured and used only by the state Wisconsin to better serve its community.
For more information, visit our site at https://sites.google.com/site/lakesuperiorlibrariessymposium/
Questions, comments, suggestions and condemnations should be directed to email@example.com
The Lake Superior Libraries Symposium is marketed, staffed and supported by the collaborative efforts of librarians from University of Minnesota-Duluth, WITC, UW-Superior, Superior Public Library, the College of St. Scholastica, Superior Middle School, Northern Waters Library Service, and many others!